Friday, May 20, 2016
Forming An Opportunity Belief
I believe that there is a need for healthier food and snack option at work.
I feel that there is an unmet need of accessible food and snack option in the workplace. Most break rooms have vending machines however they only provide junk food like chips and candy bars. I think that most everyone who works in an office or school or really almost any place has this unmet need. The need come from the fact they those in the workforce spend a great deal of their time at work. Life happens and we aren't always able to pack a lunch or bring snacks to work from home. So if healthier snacks or food were more easily accessible, we would be healthier. I think that the main thing that people are currently doing to fix this unmet need is really just bringing their own from home. I think that something should change with work organization or maybe even vending machine companies to make a difference. I'm confident that this opportunity 100% exists.
I have spoke with three customers in regards to this unmet need.
Here are the 3 recordings:
Michelle
https://soundcloud.com/lisa-register/forming-an-opportunity-belief
Rashawn
https://soundcloud.com/lisa-register/forming-an-opportunity-belief-1
Jackie.
https://soundcloud.com/lisa-register/voice00001
The biggest thing that I learned about this unmet need is that although, those that I spoke with also agree that healthier food option should be available, they've never thought about actually doing anything about it.
I still feel that the opportunity exists, however, I am not so sure what the likeliness of change is. The opportunity is accurate but I don't think that it's anymore accurate than before talking to customers.
I would say that there should be a give and take mentality when it comes to entrepreneurship. The entrepreneur should be firm on their ideas but they should also take the customers into consideration. They should be flexible to the point of accepting opinions but not so flexible that they completely lose their own vision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI 100% agree that this is a problem in the workplace. Many times people are forced to buy from the unhealthy vending machines because of lack of time. I understand your concern for the likeliness of change in society, but I think that with the right strategy this could definitely be fixed. Thanks for sharing!
Hey Lisa, I think that a healthier snack option available at work places is a great idea. Vending machines are generally filled with candy and other unhealthy foods. Having a vending machines that sells healthier options may be more costly, but eating healthier at work may lead to more people eating health. This small step could lead to a decrease in obesity and other health problems.
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! I think it's something that could be successful. Great idea and I loved listening to your interviews. They were very in depth and great quality. Keep up the good work!
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI think it would definitely be nice if there was a bigger variety of healthier food options in vending machines. While there is some, the majority is still junk food. I see a lot of chips and candy bars. Good idea.
Angie
http://mynewbloggerblog10.blogspot.com/2016/05/forming-opportunity-belief.html
Deletehttp://mynewbloggerblog10.blogspot.com/2016/05/forming-opportunity-belief.html
DeleteHello Lisa!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with your idea. I was just thinking about this earlier today. I wish healthier food was more accessible and affordable for people. Most people have jobs where they sit a lot, and this can cause health issues in the long run. Sitting all day long as well as eating unhealthy food can cause health to deteriorate. If only eating healthy became more popular.
http://nehalava.blogspot.com/