When I am trying to get somewhere and the people in front of me
are moseying along as if they have all of the time in the world
Why: I am impatient and feel that everyone should move as fast as I do.
Traffic on a Friday afternoon when all I
want to do is get home after a long week.
Why: Everyone is trying to also get home because they too have had a long
week.
Not being in control of situations like
waiting for approval to take a day off from work.
Why: I am a bit of a control freak and feel that yes or no answer should
be given right away. Again I am impatient.
When the TV is so loud that I can't even
hear myself think.
Why: Loudness gives me anxiety.
When I am trying to have a conversation
with someone and they won't put their phone down long enough to even look at
me.
Why: Phones are a way of life however we all should take time to listen
to others when they talk. I feel that it is rude and disrespectful to ignore
someone when they are talking to you.
Being too short to reach the box on the
top shelf in the cabinet.
Why: I don’t want to have to ask someone to get something down for me or
go get a chair to stand on.
The mechanics at Jiffy Lube who gives me
an entire lists of things that I need to get done to my car when I'm only there
for an oil change.
Why: I don’t like feeling pressured to decide to get more maintenance done
on my car then I want to. I asked for any oil change and only an oil change.
The fact that no matter how green I buy
bananas, they always go bad before I can eat them all.
Why: I spent money on those bananas, I would like to enjoy them for a few
days. Not have to eat them immediately.
Going to the break room at work first
thing in the morning to get a cup of coffee and all of the 6 coffee pots are
empty because the people who drank from the pots didn't bother to make
more.
Why: There’s a sign that says to make more if you drink the last of the
coffee. I think it’s polite to make more for the people who come in behind you.
I then have to make it as well as wait for it to finish.
When someone orders a salad where
you can pick 6 topping but then demands 7 toppings.
Why: The rules are the rules. I think people try to take advantage of
people and situation and I don’t like that.
Driving and all of my favorite radio
stations go to commercial at the same time.
Why: I want to jam while I am driving, not listen to someone advertise
their law firm. And really?! All of them at once. I have 6 stations set on my
car radio. Do of the station have the same commercial schedule?!
Going to theater to see a new movie that I
am very excited about and people talk the whole time and ruin the movie.
Why: I spent my money to see this movie I should be able to enjoy it.
No matter how many times or what time of
day it is, going to Wal-Mart is always an ordeal.
Why: I just want a quick in and out trip to pick up a few things. Somehow, the
person in front of me in line always has a problem. Or someone is always
blocking the item that you need to pick.
Summer time when all of the good shows go
on break
Why: Fall/Spring I can’t even keep up with the shows. Summer and 200 channels
and nothing on.
When someone will not make a decision on
something as simple as dinner but expects me to decide.
Why: I hate making decisions.
When I ask someone a question and they and
with a question.
Why: I want to know the answer. I do want to answer a question about my question.
When my hard earned paycheck is completely
gone before it even hits the bank.
Why: I worked hard for that money. I would like to at least see it and not feel
broke for at least a couple of days.
Calling a company to ask a question and
not being able to even get past automated system.
Why: I want to speak to a human. I’ve already looked the website for the
answer. I couldn’t find it so I called.
The crazy continuous construction on that
is always going on in Jacksonville.
Why: Construction cause traffic.
The news always being full of bad news,
Why: I don’t want to always hear negative things. If more positive news
was spread like the negative news is, maybe the world would be a little less negative.
This was a bigger challenge than I thought it would be. It was rather difficult to realize 20 things that really bug me. At first, it was rather easy to think of maybe 6 or 7 but then it became more and more challenging.
You made a great and relatable bug list! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets pressured by car mechanics. It's also unbelievable how Jacksonville is going through construction for what seems like eternity. Just a side note: if your bananas are ever getting "too bad" I'd recommend just throwing them in the freezer and making smoothies with them or banana bread! I think your bug list was great and an enjoyable piece to read.
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa, pretty much all of the entries on your list are things to which I can relate. As for your grievance about why most radios stations seem to go on commercial at one time I can actually give an explanation for that. Many people forget that a variety of different genre radio stations in a local area are commonly owned by the same company. Companies will have all the studios in their building schedule commercials around the same time for maximum advertisement exposure to customers. Moreover, two stations of similar formats will often engage in stacking of commercials so that when people go channel surfing (or in this case station surfing) some commercials are nearing the end of their cycle to steal your attention from another station. Though, in retrospect knowing this probably won't make you any less disheartened about being subjected to commercials; at least it didn't for me.
ReplyDeleteI like how you get straight to the point! There are a lot of frustrating things in life and you managed to pick things that are easy relate to. Many of the things on your bug list are an annoyance due to other people being disrespectful or lazy. I found that a lot of my bugs also came from other people. Then there's the dreaded radio commercials! Ugh... we all hate those with a passion. When I get bugged by something and know that it bothers almost everyone else in the U.S. I think, "There has got to be a better way". I think we will learn that people will pay a little extra for products and services that take away these bugs we experience everyday. Buying a radio subscription so you don't have to listen to commercials became popular because people were just as fed up with the radio as us! there's always a way to make life easier we just have to figure it out and make it happen!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny that we both had trouble around our 6-7th bug. Theres so many things that bug us and we notice them all the time, but when we try to recall twenty of them we can only think of 6-7!
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI found the bug list a hard assignment to accomplish when I took the class. I keep a very positive outlook and find it hard to think of the negatives in life. Recalling all of these things that bothered me was hard and time consuming. I agreed with a lot of your blogs, especially the first one. I tend to walk quickly so find it frustrating when someone walks slow. Great job!
Please remember to read and follow all of the requirements for the assignments. This post required a picture. :)
I agree with many of your "bugs." I absolutely hate traffic more than anything. I grew up in Pinellas County, which I think ranked 2nd or 3rd worst traffic conditions in Florida. At my workplace we also need a sign for a new coffee pot to be brewed after the last cup is poured. I would love to have a news station solely dedicated to positive news, that would be fantastic!
ReplyDelete