Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

I, personally, have not had much entrepreneurship experience or exposure. I've never met or known anyone who has owned their own business or created something new. When I first read this assignment however, the first thought that came to mind was how I've always thought that it would be really great to own my own B&B in St. Augustine. The idea was not my own though. I actually got the idea from watching Gilmore Girls on the WB. I watched as Lorelei Gilmore had her dream of one day owning her own B&B in Stars Hallow and how she made it possible. Although it was all fake, it was inspiring to see her dream come true. Now, I do really love St. Augustine and the B&B's that are there are so cute and quaint. I think that it would be the perfect place to have one of my own. The opportunity for another B&B is a concern. Although there are always out of town visitors, there may not be a need for another B&B.

Image result for Dragonfly Inn   



The reason I enrolled in this course is, well to be honest, it's required in order to get my Business Administration degree. At orientation we sat with Dr. Pryor and he told us his way of doing things in the class and it just seemed interesting. This is my first semester at the university and I thought that it would be a great first class to take to help me get comfortable. I really hope to get a better understanding of entrepreneurship from this class. I also hope to learn how think in a different way and experience things I normally wouldn't if it were just a textbook type of class.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Hello! I will be your TA for this course. I look forward to reading and commenting on your blog throughout the semester. I really enjoyed your entrepreneurship story. I think it's really awesome that even though you didn't come in contact with an entrepreneur, you still completed the assignment the best you could! I have another friend who wants to open a B&B in St. Augustine. I think it's a wonderful idea.

    Welcome to UF and I hope you not only enjoy this class, but also enjoy everything that UF has to offer! I am a senior business student, so if you have any questions, even if it's unrelated to this class, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa!
    I think it’s awesome that you want to open up a B&B in St. Augustine. It’s great to have concrete goals in life because then you know what you need to accomplish in order to achieve them. And if those dreams change, that’s OK too. You are just starting your journey here at UF, so you have plenty of time to explore and find what is right for you. Gainesville is also home to a lot of small businesses and entrepreneurs, so it’s only a matter of time before you end up meeting one! Make sure to take the time to talk to them and ask them questions when you do. Good luck in this class and welcome to UF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! First off, welcome to the Gator nation! It is nice that you want to start your own bed and breakfast! I personally had no experience with entrepreneurship either so I think it is awesome you were still able to write a post. Also it is pretty cool you got your inspiration from a tv show! This is my 2nd semester at UF and I love it so far! Hope you enjoy your first semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! Owning a bed & breakfast sounds so nice. I've never been to St. Augustine but I heard it was beautiful and really worth going to visit. It might be difficult at first, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I think this class will be very beneficial to accomplishing your dream and it is a great first class to get to know UF. I've been here for 3 years and I love it! Wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete