The Wright Brothers By David McCullough
The most I ever really knew about the Wright brother was that they built the first airplane so I was really surprised by everything in the book. I didn't know about their siblings or when they were kids. I didn't how they got started in the whole airplane adventure. I didn't know about their personalities or failures. I really enjoyed learning about them. They were very admirable men. I really admired their determination and ambition. They were determined to build the plane and get it to fly, even at the risk of their own life. They were very admirable men so it's hard to say what I least admired. If I had to pick something I would say that I least admired their social skills. They didn't have an interest in socializing or getting marred. They were fine with how things were. They were shy and socially awkward. This may not have been their fault, just who they were. The Wright brothers definitely faced adversity and failure. They grew up with their father travelling a lot and their mother died. The didn't have plumbing and electricity as children. When it came to building their planes they weren't always successful. Their first try was not a success. They continued to work hard and try different things and eventually they were able to fly.
The Wright brothers exhibited a great deal of competencies. They were very intellectual, ambitious, and even courageous. They created things from a young age. They saw how things could be changed and changed them. They risked their own lives in attempt to get see their places fly. They were men of great qualities.
I really wasn't confused by anything in the book. I understood what they were doing and who basically who they were from how the author described them. However, I didn't understand why they wouldn't want to get married and have a family. I also didn't understand why the military wouldn't want their planes. I guess I could understand their initial hesitation but they needed it and saw they potential.
If I could ask them two questions I would ask:
1. How it felt to finally be successful and have their plane in the air?
2. Did they have any idea that they were going to make such a huge impact on history?
I'd I ask them these questions because I imagine that it was an amazing experience. I don't think any one would image changing history in such a major way. They were very low key guys so I'd like to know how they truly felt.
I think that the Wright brothers thought hard was very important. They never gave up on their dreams. Without their hard work they never would have been successful and they wouldn't still be known today. I agree that hard work is important. You can't be successful in life without a little hard work.
No comments:
Post a Comment