Thursday, June 16, 2016

Portmateau: Dinnereal

My portmanteau is: Dinnereal.

Dinnereal means to have cereal for dinner. This is actually one of my favorite things.

The first time I used this word I used it around family. Their initial reaction was confusion but once I explained it to them they got it. They said that it was so me.

When I used it again at work again they were confused. Some people really liked it once I explained the meaning, others just kind of shrugged it off.

After a few more times of using it, others people started picking up on it and would use it.
They would ask me, "Lisa are you having dinnereal tonight?" or I got, "Are you cooking dinnereal?".
Some people who also enjoy cereal for dinner like I do would say, "I am having dinnereal tonight."

I think that some people really liked my word. It's caught on.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    Gotta say this one should catch on like crazy for the campus set! I haven't had any form of breakfast for dinner in a long time. And yet it's so popular now with McDonald's serving breakfast all day!! The almost makes me want to buy a box of cereal for myself (not the grand-kids stuff)so that I can have dinnereal after work while doing my homework!!

    ReplyDelete