Saturday, July 9, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 2

I read The Art of Social Media, Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick.
1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The general theme of the book I read was tips on how to have a successful social media account. These tips go above and beyond the basics that everyone knows. It dives into details on what to do and not to do to have a successful and popular account whether it be for yourself or your business.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
Nowadays, entrepreneurs need to be linked to social media to help their business or concept become successful. This book provides very helpful tips on how to create and maintain a popular social media account. I think that this book provided good insight on the importance of social media for entrepreneurs and their business concept. 
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
The assignment that I would create for the class based on the book I read, would be for everyone to create a social media account for their venture concept. Then we would need to do promote the account to be successful following the tips provided in the book. 
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
What surprised me the most from the book was the authors theory, "if you're not pissing people off on social media, you're not using it right." I've never really thought about it before but that is surprisingly a very true statement. If you piss someone off on social media, you're way more likely to get attention and be talked about it. That pissed off person is going to tell other people about you and how you piss them off. It'll just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment