Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Idea Napkin No.1

My name is Lisa Register and I wouldn't say that I have many talents. I enjoy attempting to be crafty but I am not very talented at creating things. Most of experience is in customer service. I've worked in retail, I've been a waitress, and I've worked in a call center. I know the importance of good customer service. That is why my aspiration for The Better Choices vending machine is to take over and replace the current vending machines. I want The Better Choices vending machines to be everywhere, schools, hospitals, amusement parks, workplaces, etc.. I think that if I were to start this business it would be a huge part of my life. I would work hard to make sure my vending machines replaced the unhealthy vending machine we currently have everywhere.

The Better Choices vending machine is offering people who are in everyday life healthy fulfilling snacks. Whether you are at work, school, the hospital you are more than likely going to need some sort of sustenance to get you through the day. The Better Choice vending machine is going to offer energy drinks and candy bars so that you can crash and be lethargic. It is going to offer nuts, granola bars, protein packs, Gatorade, and so much more. This is real food that will provide natural energy, not a sugar high. The Better Choices vending machine meet customers need of having access to nutritional snacks instead of junk food.

My machine is for the working, studying, everyday person who might need a power boost to help them get through their day until they are able to get a full meal. I think that my customers all have in common the need to be able to access healthy options regardless of where they are. My customer is a college student who is stuck on campus for hours at a time studying and going to classes. My customer is someone who is at work all day staring at a computer. My customer is some one who has been waiting in the emergency room four hours. My customer is anyone and everyone, maybe not everyone all the time but everyone at some point.

My customers care because they want to be healthy and they don't want to feel like they are wasting their money. With the vending machines currently offer, chips, coke, candy bars, it's a waste of money. People who eat those things will just get a sugar high then crash and be more tired than they were before. The options are unhealthy and they really are a waste of money. People care because they want to get something that will be good for them and won't leave them hungry again in no time.

What sets me apart from so many others is the fact that I have this need just like everyone else. I am not starting this just to make money. I am starting this because I want healthier options, I want this change. This change is for the greater good. So many people are already so unhealthy, why have junk be the only option available. It's hard to say what I have that nobody else has. I deal with this problem almost everyday. I need something good to eat if I forgot snacks at home and there is just nothing in the vending machines.

I believe that all five points are intertwined. Who we are helps us figure out what we want or what we are passionate about. Our customer are important to us as they are vital in making our idea successful. What being offered is extremely important. If we are offering something no one wants then it really doesn't matter and will not be successful. We want our customer to care. We want them to invest in our idea, Being different from competition will help the idea be successful. What sets you apart will help bring the product to life. So these are all a connected part of innovating a new idea or product.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    A healthy option snack machine is a great idea. I am currently on a diet and when I run into this issue I just don’t eat which itself is not a great option either. I would like to see this idea develop further and explore what type of foods one can put in there to fill up a vending machine with multiple healthy options. Also one that maybe caters to specific diets such as low carb or diabetics. I have seen in hospitals, at least back when I was younger; they had refrigerated vending machines that you could get sandwiches from. I am not sure if those still exist but just a thought.

    Link to my blog post Idea Napkin #1: http://ent3003blogger.blogspot.com/2016/06/idea-napkin-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    I think you're idea would be perfect for high schools. My mom works at the largest public high school in our county and informed me how the school is cracking down on junk foods being available. When I was in school there were vending machines everywhere selling chips, cookies, and all types of unhealthy foods. Now they only have vending machines selling water or propel. While this is a nice step, they should still offer snacks for students. I think your idea would be a perfect fit. Giving students a variety of healthy choices can lead them to pick up healthy eating habits. And since the healthy lifestyle is becoming a trend now, your machines can continue to evolve by serving new products constantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also here is the link to my blog.

      http://norrisufent.blogspot.com/2016/06/idea-napkin-no-1.html

      Delete