Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My Exit Strategy

Although it is very hard to know where my company will be financially in 5, 10, or 20 years down the road, I would like to think that it is very successful. In that case, my exit strategy would be to keep the company and retire. I know that I would be very happy running my own company. This company would be a major part of my life. I am passionate about my business so I would like to stick with it and be able to retire. I feel that anyone who really loves what they do would consider their business their baby. I want to see my business grow and develop. If it is successful I see no reason to sell it. With my foot already in the business world, I can take my current product and add on. I can develop new ideas and product. I would go into this business with the exit strategy to retire from the successful company when I am ready.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I enjoyed reading your exit strategy! I agree that if anyone who really loves what they do would consider their business their baby. I also would stay with my business until I retire, I would like to develop on it and make it more successful. I believe everyone would like to continue and pursue their business at the beginning of their business stage. Here is the link to my post: http://yessiblogging.blogspot.com/2016/07/my-exit-strategy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!
    Nice job! Congrats on getting through this semester! I feel similarly in that I would want to grow my business and it would be my baby. I would want to pass it on to my daughter if that is something that she would be interested in. I would be starting to it to benefit her and busy families like ours, so I feel that it would be natural to pass it on, but she may not feel that way. If she did not want it, I would likely sell it if the right person came along with a similar vision. Otherwise, I would retire and close.
    Best of luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,

    Good job on your exit strategy. I prefer to sell mine and start something else but I can definitely see how someone could be appealed to retiring with their business. It is cool to see different peoples opinions on matters and why they choose the stuff that they do. Anyways, great job.

    ReplyDelete